Date: November 17, 2016
Location: S-TEE International School, 5th Avenue H Close Festac Town, Lagos State
The Inaugural event of Youths and the 3Rs Program School. An initiative of the Sustainable Waste Recycling Community of Nigeria NGO. The goal of the program is knowledge transfer of the 3Rs to the Nigerian youth via the schools. The intended outcomes include the following:
- Application of knowledge gained in their everyday lives
- Share knowledge gained with their families.
- Have the option to set up a recycling club which will be recognized by Lagos state through Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA)
The event is centered on students in Class 6 (Senior Secondary 3 (SS3) or Grade 12) in the host school. The host school is S-TEE International School, located at 5th Avenue H Close Festac Town, Lagos State and will from 12-2pm.
The event will run for about two (2) hours and will consist of the following:
- An information session on the concept and application of Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
- Information about the Recycling Club initiative
- A photo session
Each student will receive a reusable bag that can be used for shopping, replacing the conventional plastic bags and other promotional items from partnering/institutions in Canada. The event will be covered by the Media.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact Mirabelle at 18664631104, Taiwo @ 0706 203 1060 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.